Friday, October 30, 2015

My Beauty Must-Haves Part 1 (Hair)

This is my 1st blog post about beauty and I thought it would be perfect to kick it off with my must-have hair care tips, tricks and favs.

Before I start I just want to make it clear that I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL! These are just little tips & tricks I’ve learned from listening to my favorite hair stylists.

People often tell me my hair is so long, shiny, soft and healthy.  They ask me what I put in there and I’m going to share that with you here…

READY???

LESS IS MORE

During the week I’m always on the go from the moment I wake up. I don’t have much time to style my hair before I go to work so it’s either in a pony tail or if I’m having a really good hair day it’s in a top-knot.  I have noticed, because I don’t do much to my hair, it does tend to stay healthier between hair cuts. I don’t get split ends as often and when I go to get a trim I feel like my hair stylist gives me an A+ on taking good care of my hair. Who doesn’t like getting an A+?!?!

Well, here are some of my tips and tricks…



  1. Limit the use of heating tools to 1-2 times a week (I save the curling and blow drying for the weekends)
  2. Use a GOOD shampoo & conditioner especially if you’re coloring your hair.
  3. Use a leave in detangler after you wash your hair.
  4. Use a paper towel to squeeze dry your hair. This will reduce the frizz. (I’ve been doing this for almost 10 years, BEST advice that was ever given to me!)
  5. Trim your hair often. I use to go every 6-8 weeks, but there were times my hair lasted longer. There were times my hair didn’t need a trim and I was told to go home. LOL YES, my hair stylist said I didn’t need a trim and sent me home! I think those days I got an A++ 
  6. Dry Shampoo has been my best friend.  If you don’t have time to wash your hair, use dry shampoo. Again, LESS IS MORE so I only use it maybe 1/week just to get me by when I’m in a rush and don’t have time to wash my hair.

Nume Wand  32mm (1-1/4″) barrel
Sultra 1″ barrel
Remington Hot Rollers
1. Remington Hot Rollers before a 4 hour drive to Vegas.
2. Touch up with Nume 32mm (1-1/4″) barrel
My Favorite Top Knot day!

Here is a list of all my favorite products:




Well, there you have it… those are my daily tips & tricks that have worked for me. I’ve listed all my favorite products below. I hope this helps and if you have any tips I would love to read them! Please share in the comments below. 

xoxo Laura Jayne ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment