Monday, November 2, 2015

Overnight Steel Cut Oats (Slow Cooker)



So I'm sure you've heard how healthy oatmeal is, but if you're getting those instant oatmeals packed with sugar you can just say bye bye to your Healthiest Meal Of The Day! 
I never liked having oatmeal for breakfast, mainly because I can never cook it right... that's until I tried this slow cooker recipe! Now, I can't get enough!! It's not only the healthiest meal of the day, but my favorite meal of the day too :)

Ingredients:


1 Cup Steel Cut Oatmeal (Irish Oatmeal) 
2 Cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
2 Cups Water
Coconut Oil Spray
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Pinch Nutmeg (Or Pumpkin Spice Seasoning)
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tbsp Agave Nectar (Or Maple Syrup)

Directions:


  1. Spray the slow cooker with the coconut oil spray
  2. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir
  3. Cook on low for 8 hours
  4. After it's done add fresh fruit of your choice and enjoy!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.

xoxo Laura Jayne ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment