Monday, May 16, 2016

Strawberry Fruit Leather Roll-Ups

One of my favorite junk food snacks as a kid was always fruit roll ups. I can literally go through an entire box or 2 in one sitting... and I probably did when I was a kid and my mom wasn't watching (sorry mom!) lol 

Now that I've learned to look at ingredients and nutrition labels I realized how much JUNK there is in JUNK FOOD! 

Here is a HEALTHY, ALL NATURAL, 3 INGREDIENT, HOMEMADE version of fruit roll ups that tastes even better than the store-bought ones!


Ingredients:

- 10-12 oz Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Raw Honey


Directions:

  • Pre-heat oven at 170 F
  • Blend all ingredients in a blender. (I use a Vitamix and like to  blend on low at the number 4 so it has a puree consistency.
  • Pour the puree on parchment paper
  • Spread evenly on the parchment paper (make sure it's not too thick or it will take longer to dehydrate in the oven)
  • Place it in the oven for at least 3 hours.
  • Check regularly to make sure you're not over-dehydrating the roll-ups (unless you want roll-up chips!)
  • Once you're done take it out of the oven and let it cool
  • Cut into long strips, roll them up and enjoy your healthy homemade snack!
I hope you enjoy this healthy & sweet snack and don't forget to drop a comment below and share this recipe with friends & family!



Enjoy!!
xoxo Laura Jayne ♥



No comments:

Post a Comment